It's the Great Pumpkin Hoarder, Charlie Brown!

If you came over and looked in my pantry, you might assume that I'm living on a diet of pumpkin.  My paranoia that there is a pumpkin shortage is bordering on insanity.  Why else would I buy no less than four cans every time I go to the grocery store?  Because I'm living in fear that it won't be there the next time I go!  What is Fall without PUMPKIN?!  Buy MORE!!!  Lord, help me.  Then the guilt sets in.  Now I must use this pumpkin.  At the end of the season I don't want to see pumpkin still in my pantry while another family goes without because I have it ALL.  So let me share some pumpkin deliciousness with you!  Please.  I need to balance my karma!





Pumpkin Butterscotch Blondies
recipe courtesy Smells Like Home

-2 c. all-purpose flour
-1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
-1 tsp. baking soda
-3/4 tsp. salt
-1 c. unsalted butter, softened
-1 1/4 c. brown sugar
-1 large egg
-2 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 c. pumpkin puree
-1c. white chocolate chips
-1 1/2 c. butterscotch chips, divided

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 9x13 pan with foil.  Spray foil lightly with non-stick cooking spray.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, pie spice, baking soda, and salt.  Whisk together and set aside.

-In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and then add brown sugar and beat at med-high speed until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.  Mix in pumpkin puree.

-With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients until just incorporated.  Fold in white chocolate chips and 1 cup of butterscotch chips.  Spread batter evenly in pan and sprinkle with remaining butterscotch chips. Bake 35-40 minutes or until edges start to pull away from pan.  Transfer to wire rack and cool completely before cutting.

-Use the foil edges to lift cooled blondies from pan.  On a cutting board, peel foil from blondie edges, cut into squares.  Enjoy!

Oh yummy, yum, yum!  These have the best texture-moist, but not too gooey.  You have the contrasting texture and flavor pop of the chips.  It's the flavors of Fall in a little square.  You can free hand the measurement of the chips to your liking, if you want.  I somewhat followed the original recipe; I just added what I thought looked like a good batter/chip ratio.  I didn't, but you could also sprinkle the white chocolate chips on top to have a nice contrasting color.  If you have some pumpkin in your pantry or you're looking for a different way to use pumpkin other than in pie...make these!

Want more?  How about a perfect seasonal dip?



-8 oz. package cream cheese (regular or light), softened
-1/2 c. packed brown sugar
-1/2 c. canned pumpkin
-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon

In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, brown sugar and pumpkin at medium speed until well blended.  Add pie spice or cinnamon, and beat until smooth.  Cover and chill for 1 hour.  You can serve this with tart apple slices, graham crackers, gingersnap cookies, or whatever you think would pair nicely with this fluffy, Fall dip!

Pumpkin dip?  Apples?  A kid can't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment